Public Relations Director
Established luxury Cosmetic Practice is looking for a Marketing Communications Associate to join our team in a fulfilling, rewarding medical environment in the heart of prestigious Beverly Hills. Position may be employed or independent contractor.
We value longevity in our team and are looking for a dynamic career-oriented person with the right combination of skills. For more information about MicroArt see: www.microartmakeup.com. This is an amazing CAREER OPPORTUNITY to grow within our practice for the right candidate.
We are located in a high-end medical office, and most clients fly in from various parts of the US or the world for our unique cosmetic treatment. We are considered a boutique firm, with a fast-paced practice.
We are seeking an ambitious, driven MarCom / PR pro to generate press for the company, its CEO, and its celebrity endorsers.
- Generating on the online press, print press, and broadcast press
- Drafting media pitches and backgrounder pieces
- Drafting website content and e-commerce advert and marketing copy
- Monitoring SoCal media for leads, journalists to target, and highly established bloggers or podcasters
- Supervising in-house B-roll production
- Coordinating interviews and backgrounders for the CEO; provide CEO complete background dossier on the subject journalists
- Coordinate company events, CEO breakfast/lunches for media and celebrities
- Responding to overflow customer/prospect emails and calls when and as needed
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in PR; 2 years’ agency experience preferred but not required
- Prior experience generating press for clients in the beauty industry (similar industry may be substituted)
- Must be highly organized, with strong follow-up and general admin skills
- Must have solid MS Office skills
- Basic MS graphic skills for pitch pieces provided to journalists
- Extremely reliable
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent people skills, warm, friendly, outgoing
- Professional appearance, demeanor, and poise
- Strong work ethic
- Must live within a 60-minute commute of Beverly Hills
- Detail-focused, meticulously organized, takes pride in fully completing work flawlessly
- Systems oriented, works well in a structured environment — but independently
- Ability to think on his or her feet when needed
- Thrives in a fast-paced and busy work environment
- Basic but solid photography skills are helpful but not required
- Working familiarity with celebrity gifting lounges, high profile charitable service certificate donations helpful
- Solid familiarity with PR industry journalist databases preferred
Applicants must send:
- Minimum original half-page Cover letter explaining qualifications and interest
- Add job title to Subject Line
- At least 3 samples of applicable press that you have generated and a note describing your biggest, best media “hit”
- Send to: email@example.com
Compensation: Depends on Experience.
We like to promote from within and advance our star performers as fast as they can prove their value.